Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mseawell on March 11, 2016, 08:37:49 am

Title: Fallen
Post by: mseawell on March 11, 2016, 08:37:49 am
I witnessed a silent moment as I traveled the Queen's Trail in Bryce Canyon. A recent snow blanketed the land and the wind was still. Wispy clouds slowly danced across the sky and in front of me a branch of a tree, long ago separated from its body. What struck me was though the branch was still a part of a larger whole, still a part of nature, a part of the land although it was...fallen.


Olympus OMD E-5MKII
Lumix 12-35mm
1/5000 F/4.5
FL 30mm
ISO 200
Time: 1:44 p.m
Hand held.
Title: Re: Fallen
Post by: RoyH on March 11, 2016, 10:24:49 am
Love it! It's exactly the type of scene I would have been drawn to if I had been there.

Roy
Title: Re: Fallen
Post by: francois on March 11, 2016, 10:31:34 am
I love it too… The tree looks like a beached sailboat.
Title: Re: Fallen
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 11, 2016, 01:24:18 pm
Beautiful. Is there any more to the right? The branch ends just a little closer to the edge than I'd hope.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Fallen
Post by: EricV on March 11, 2016, 04:02:51 pm
The halo around the tree is a bit distracting -- looks like the sky was cut and pasted from a different photograph.  Maybe just an imperfect selection during Photoshop enhancement?
Title: Re: Fallen
Post by: mseawell on March 11, 2016, 04:08:23 pm
Thanks for the comments. The sky is the sky. I do 95% of my work in Lightroom to be honest and Niks Software. If you put a gun to my head and said "Use Photoshop to cut this sky out of this picture and paste it into another!" I'm a dead man. When I go into Photoshop normally I want to remove something out of a picture that LR is making a hash of.

Mark