Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: KMRennie on March 10, 2016, 08:48:41 am
-
Taken earlier this week in Borrowdale, Cumbria, England. The Sun had just cleared the hill behind the trees and they were 3/4 backlit. About 20 minutes later the Sun had moved around enough to light the trees on the far hill. I did leave the house at 5am to get the pre-dawn light but that was a total waste but I think that the mainly silver birch trees in early morning light made up for the lack of sleep. Another place to return to in Autumn just after the equinox when the sun will be at the same position. All comments welcome.
Ken
-
That's very nice. well done.
Chuck
-
Really like it. I would consider burning in the foreground a bit, I think it competes with the tree's.
-
It is quite beautiful as is. I do think Walt's suggestion is a good one.
-
A great candidate for b&w too.
-
I like the earthly colours, subdued but rich.
-
Nice composition and capture of the fleeting light. B & W would definitely work as others have suggested. This would make a nice print, IMO.
-
Thanks for the comments. It makes a nice print and has been entered into a competition so await the results. I had already converted it to mono but am still not happy that I have the delicacy of the colour version. Another shot from the same location is also attached but it is a little too fussy. Monday is the next nice weather so another day in Borrowdale just to take the birches which should have started to bud a little more.
Ken
-
I think I like the horizontal comp even better...
-
Great job separating a very busy subject from an equally busy background by means of illumination. I like it a lot.
-
I like the black and white version at least as much as the color one. Walt's suggestion to burn in the foreground is likely to make the color version even better.
-
Taken earlier this week in Borrowdale, Cumbria, England.
Grange Crags?
-
All are lovely: I think the final B&W is probably the best, but I'd burn in the foreground on the left a bit. Good luck with the competition.
Jeremy
-
Back down to Borrowdale this morning, yes John Grange Crags. I now have 300 shots to process and they are mostly back lit so it should give me something to do for a few days. This is the one that grabbed my attention first. The second version is desaturated quite a lot and this gets rid of the very strange dark blue cast in the shadows, I will explore further to get to the bottom of this. All comments or suggestions welcome.
Ken
-
Some more but I think that the first post had the best shot and I will work on it to make the foreground better but it will be much better in the Autumn both with leaf colour and the bracken will look much better. Thanks for all of the comments and keep them coming. Ken