Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Isaac on March 09, 2016, 02:16:02 pm
-
In this manuscript we present a focus stacking system, composed of commercial photographic equipment. The system is inexpensive compared to high-end commercial focus stacking solutions. We tested this system and compared the results with several different software packages (CombineZP, Auto-Montage, Helicon Focus and Zerene Stacker) (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4284632/). We tested our final stacked picture with a picture obtained from two high-end focus stacking solutions: a Leica MZ16A with DFC500 and a Leica Z6APO with DFC290. Zerene Stacker and Helicon Focus both provided satisfactory results.
-
Highly informative and detailed. Thank you!!!
It would be interesting to add Photoshop's built in stacking capability to the study.
-
... or align_image_stack + enfuse, which are free.
kirk
-
It would be interesting to add Photoshop's built in stacking capability to the study.
I use PS 2015 a lot for stacking, simply because I use it for everything else...
I've tried others and have found that they all require some occasional fixing of artifacts.