Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattNQ on March 09, 2016, 03:18:45 am

Title: Dance of the haunted trees
Post by: MattNQ on March 09, 2016, 03:18:45 am
Playing with a few ideas while wandering aimlessly around a swamp....as one does :D
Fairly quick edits to see if the concept works - possibly need to spend more time on them refining them a bit. Especially #3

Bark Ballet
(https://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/MonochromeMagic/Infrared/i-MsSTjBv/0/L/P3073461_edit2-L.jpg)

Trunk Tango
(https://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/MonochromeMagic/Infrared/i-PnFd64f/0/L/P3073488_edit-L.jpg)

Elegant Ballroom
(https://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/MonochromeMagic/Infrared/i-Kf9bKkq/0/L/P3073444_edit3-L.jpg)
Title: Re: Dance of the haunted trees
Post by: Chairman Bill on March 09, 2016, 06:50:56 am
I like 'em. A nice ethereal quality to them
Title: Re: Dance of the haunted trees
Post by: Bruce Cox on March 09, 2016, 11:14:42 am
I like #3, Elegant Ballroom.
Title: Re: Dance of the haunted trees
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 09, 2016, 01:07:55 pm
A good set. The first is my favorite.
Title: Re: Dance of the haunted trees
Post by: francois on March 10, 2016, 04:35:04 am
I like them all with the first being my favorite. Now, it seems that the vignetted areas, especially on the first shot, lack contrast (see the attached photo). Is it a problem, I don't know really and it would be interesting to see a large print.
Title: Re: Dance of the haunted trees
Post by: MattNQ on March 10, 2016, 08:05:43 am
Thank you all Gents for your comments. They are much appreciated.

Re the vignette, Francois, that is a good point you make. In hindsight, the lack of contrast perhaps makes it a little lifeless in the corners?

I guess I added it to try to guide the viewer towards the central subject in what are quite busy scenes . Maybe it is un-needed?
Title: Re: Dance of the haunted trees
Post by: francois on March 10, 2016, 08:12:40 am
…Re the vignette, Francois, that is a good point you make. In hindsight, the lack of contrast perhaps makes it a little lifeless in the corners?
…

I'm not against vignetting at all but it seems that there's also a lack of contrast in those areas...
Title: Re: Dance of the haunted trees
Post by: MattNQ on March 11, 2016, 11:31:06 pm
I'm not against vignetting at all but it seems that there's also a lack of contrast in those areas...
It is definitely noticeable. I might retrace my pp steps and see what action caused that.

sent from Earth via tapatalk