Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: drmike on March 08, 2016, 12:41:30 pm

Title: Lamps
Post by: drmike on March 08, 2016, 12:41:30 pm
What do you make of this please?

(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5770/22014700756_63a2974338_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/zxn6y9)

Obviously I like it but ...

Mike
Title: Re: Lamps
Post by: Bruce Cox on March 08, 2016, 01:17:55 pm
It's an elegant naturally and or industrially occurring progression and the gradient of the sky lends a hand.

Preferring more complex images as I do, I would like to see more of the building top or something else too.
Title: Re: Lamps
Post by: drmike on March 08, 2016, 02:07:33 pm
Nice one Bruce :) Actually I removed some buildings to simplify it :)
Title: Re: Lamps
Post by: John R on March 09, 2016, 11:02:15 am
Love your 'Lamps' image. Actually having part of the building really anchors the image and gives it an abstract-architectural quality. Removing the building will not necessarily make it better, rather it will have an even more abstract and minimalist look. Different, maybe even more playful and whimsical.

JR
Title: Re: Lamps
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 09, 2016, 01:05:16 pm
At first glance I was tempted to suggest removing the bit of building that remains, but I now feel that bit is quite necessary.

A fine shot.