Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: maddogmurph on March 07, 2016, 11:37:06 pm

Title: Twilight Approach - Mesquite Dunes
Post by: maddogmurph on March 07, 2016, 11:37:06 pm
Besides the obvious processing check... which crop do you prefer? I'm almost leaning towards this isn't the best comp... I have many others.
Title: Re: Twilight Approach - Mesquite Dunes
Post by: thierrylegros396 on March 08, 2016, 03:29:12 am
2nd is the best for me, followed by the 1st.

Thierry.
Title: Re: Twilight Approach - Mesquite Dunes
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 08, 2016, 03:31:48 am
2nd is the best for me, followed by the 1st.

Other way round for me.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Twilight Approach - Mesquite Dunes
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 08, 2016, 04:13:08 am
I prefer #1, as I see more of the wonderful dunes. In all of them, I think the dunes/sand curves on the right a bit too tight on the frame.
Title: Re: Twilight Approach - Mesquite Dunes
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 08, 2016, 08:58:52 am
I'm for #1 too.
Title: Re: Twilight Approach - Mesquite Dunes
Post by: stamper on March 08, 2016, 09:04:49 am
2nd is the best for me, followed by the 1st.

Thierry.

Yes.
Title: Re: Twilight Approach - Mesquite Dunes
Post by: francois on March 08, 2016, 10:57:25 am
#2 for me! The first shot is not far behind but I prefer the second one, it's not as wide and seems to be simpler. There's not enough sky, for me, in the last shot.
Title: Re: Twilight Approach - Mesquite Dunes
Post by: brandtb on March 08, 2016, 12:44:18 pm
The first one because ofthe light edges/shapes in the middle/back ground left...nice balance to those on the right...and link to the foreground figures. I think the shadows are bit too dark. You might look at shifting the hue of the dune sides from "mauve" to a bit warmer tone...a color that is relating "slightly more" to the sunset color in the rear.
Title: Re: Twilight Approach - Mesquite Dunes
Post by: MattBurt on March 08, 2016, 12:49:59 pm
I prefer how the lines are placed in #2. Beautiful scene!
Title: Re: Twilight Approach - Mesquite Dunes
Post by: polaris-14 on March 09, 2016, 05:34:56 pm
I like the first one the best. I think Mesquite dunes is one of the harder place to shoot, especially with the horizon line. When the horizon is really level, the apparent horizon line from the distant mountain foot is slanted. Does anybody feel the same?
Title: Re: Twilight Approach - Mesquite Dunes
Post by: maddogmurph on March 10, 2016, 12:49:06 am
I like the first one the best. I think Mesquite dunes is one of the harder place to shoot, especially with the horizon line. When the horizon is really level, the apparent horizon line from the distant mountain foot is slanted. Does anybody feel the same?

I find it challenging because everything looks so possible while you're there. It's like there are 100 women they are all beautiful and I can't even seem to get one...
Title: Re: Twilight Approach - Mesquite Dunes
Post by: Jens Peermann on March 11, 2016, 08:13:29 pm
#2, closely followed by #1. In #3 the sky is reduced too much to be part of a balanced composition any more, but still prominent enough to become a distraction.
Title: Re: Twilight Approach - Mesquite Dunes
Post by: KBStudio on March 12, 2016, 10:53:47 am
The first shot feels better.