Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: KBStudio on March 07, 2016, 05:53:53 pm

Title: White Birch
Post by: KBStudio on March 07, 2016, 05:53:53 pm
Find these trees fascinating.

Title: Re: White Birch
Post by: luxborealis on March 07, 2016, 07:40:27 pm
These three photos would make a good triptych-style presentation of panels individually matted, the top would be left, your second photo central and your third on the right.
Title: Re: White Birch
Post by: thierrylegros396 on March 08, 2016, 03:25:28 am
These three photos would make a good triptych-style presentation of panels individually matted, the top would be left, your second photo central and your third on the right.

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: White Birch
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 08, 2016, 04:14:18 am
I think the light is too strong, but I like the concept.
Title: Re: White Birch
Post by: francois on March 08, 2016, 10:47:40 am
I like the textures but tend to think that the suggested tryptich presentation would be the best way for those shots.
Title: Re: White Birch
Post by: Arlen on March 08, 2016, 10:41:37 pm
I'm fascinated by them too, Kim. Every time I come across trees like that, I spend a lot of time studying them. Quite a lot to see from different distances and angles.
Title: Re: White Birch
Post by: KBStudio on March 09, 2016, 11:23:54 am
Arlen -These three were taken one day in a 3 week span.  I went back to my RAW files and found that I did most I my work between the last week in September and the third week in October.  After that it was over.  Need to do more research on these guys.  I wonder if this is a once a year occurrence or happens all the time.  There are several other shots on my blog.
Title: Re: White Birch
Post by: John Koerner on March 14, 2016, 07:49:59 pm
Find these trees fascinating.

Flashback to childhood (http://www.thenaturephotographer.club/images/smilies/thinking.gif)

When I was a wee tot, my parents had two beautiful birch trees in our front yard. Used to spend hours looking at them, peeling the layers of bark, etc.

Great concept to photograph them! ... And nicely done :D

A worthwhile, ongoing project ... so look I forward to more.