Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on March 07, 2016, 12:17:55 am

Title: Winter lakeside sunset
Post by: MattBurt on March 07, 2016, 12:17:55 am
We are having a big warm up lately and puddles have formed but the ice is still a foot or so thick.
645D & 45-85/4.5 - 3 exposure HDR from LR6
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1696/24947451543_24cf6285ac_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/E1wdbT)IMGP1957-HDR-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/E1wdbT) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Winter lakeside sunset
Post by: francois on March 07, 2016, 03:36:53 am
Even with the warm up, it looks very cold.
I like the complementary colors and the puddle on the lake makes the shot…
Title: Re: Winter lakeside sunset
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 07, 2016, 04:10:35 am
Great stuff.
Title: Re: Winter lakeside sunset
Post by: Bob_B on March 07, 2016, 09:24:23 am
Beautiful palette of colors.
Title: Re: Winter lakeside sunset
Post by: MattBurt on March 07, 2016, 03:54:22 pm
Thanks all and yes, it does look cold. I was wearing a hat and gloves and down jacket but after all those -20 and below days this winter it sure feels warm! Liquid water, however little, is also a sign of relative warmth to the trained eye. :)
Title: Re: Winter lakeside sunset
Post by: maddogmurph on March 30, 2016, 01:57:14 am
That's great light.
Title: Re: Winter lakeside sunset
Post by: philaitman on March 30, 2016, 04:21:17 am
Stunning light and the reflection in the ice sets the whole image alive.
Title: Re: Winter lakeside sunset
Post by: Tony Jay on March 30, 2016, 06:19:55 am
Great shot - you have definitely captured the light!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Winter lakeside sunset
Post by: MattBurt on March 30, 2016, 06:03:24 pm
I do appreciate the comments!
The ice should be breaking up now; I need to go back out there and check it out again soon!
Title: Re: Winter lakeside sunset
Post by: Chris Calohan on March 31, 2016, 01:25:10 am
I did two simple edits on this image; the first to neutralize the blue cast on the snow and the second to further reduce the cyan. What I discovered, and suspected was there was a greater sky color saturation than originally presented. The issue with the blue snow is there isn't enough blue value in the sky to reflect that much intensity on the ground.