Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: churly on March 06, 2016, 05:51:21 pm

Title: Winter Coat
Post by: churly on March 06, 2016, 05:51:21 pm
Looking good!  All dressed up but no snow.
Chuck
Title: Re: Winter Coat
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 07, 2016, 04:11:33 am
I like the photo, has good colour and portrays the animal nicely.
Title: Re: Winter Coat
Post by: sdwilsonsct on March 07, 2016, 10:44:48 am
This page is for nature, not dioramas.  ;)
I like the colours and framing.
Title: Re: Winter Coat
Post by: churly on March 07, 2016, 04:27:40 pm
Hmm - this does have a bit of a 'buffalo on a stick' look to it but I will stipulate that it is a live and wild buffalo in prime condition.  It is part of the Yellowstone herd that comes down off of the plateau into the surrounding river bottoms to take up the easy life for the winter.  It wasn't doing much but as it was early morning, I would guess that it was contemplating a stroll over the the river for a drink before settling in to doing some serious grazing. That's what buffalo do in the winter.   :D
Chuck