Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on March 06, 2016, 02:57:14 pm

Title: icicles
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 06, 2016, 02:57:14 pm
Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: icicles
Post by: churly on March 07, 2016, 04:34:13 pm
Jeremy - FWIW- I think the scene needed some light to make things sparkle and take on life.
Chuck
Title: Re: icicles
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 07, 2016, 06:16:12 pm
Someone once said: "If the image is not good enough, you were not close enough." Though I assume you couldn't come closer in this case. Talking about slippery slope ;)
Title: Re: icicles
Post by: RSL on March 07, 2016, 07:45:42 pm
That someone was Robert Capa, Slobodan. Eventually he got too close to a landmine.
Title: Re: icicles
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 07, 2016, 08:54:17 pm
That someone was Robert Capa, Slobodan. Eventually he got too close to a landmine.

Who is he!? I only learn from contemporary photographers ;)
Title: Re: icicles
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 08, 2016, 12:03:49 am
Who is he!? I only learn from contemporary photographers ;)
He was contemporary, before he got too close to that landmine.   ;)

As for Jeremy's icicles, I would be strongly tempted to crop (sorry, Russ) from the first image: much of the bottom and left and right sides, leaving only the hanging icicles. I feel the sides and bottom are unappealing and don't really add anything. I believe myself to be somewhat of an expert on failed icicle shots, as I have a large collection of them that I won't post any of here.

-Eric