Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Krug on March 06, 2016, 01:31:36 pm
-
Of course that may be fine for you soft more southerly types but up in these cold Canadian climes ..........!
Scene seemed to call for a soft '19th century lithograph' effect .....indeed the light snow would allow little else.
Comments and critique always looked for.
-
Tumultuous scene… I like the softness along with the high-key winter landscape. It's an excellent evocation of winter in all its beauty.
-
Of course that may be fine for you soft more southerly types but up in these cold Canadian climes ..........!
Scene seemed to call for a soft '19th century lithograph' effect .....indeed the light snow would allow little else.
Comments and critique always looked for.
I understand your attempt at a 19th c lithograph; perhaps the addition of sepia or gold/brown toning effect would be appropriate.
Consider removing the intruding branch (?) in the bottom left.
Is there a chance that you can pull out some of the ultra-white snow flakes against the slightly darker sky (which may show on a monitor or print, but perhaps not in a JPEG)?
Edited after a second viewing.
-
I find this quite beautiful and a little minimal which suits my tastes very well.
The Tiny branch is a slight distraction and removing it would improve things a little bit. That said it's still a very nice image.
-
Thank you for your comments gentlemen ... it seems to be a 'difficult' image which a number of people have not been able to 'see' but which I find nicely understated and a very accurate reflection of certain days up here.
I will remove the little branch or marking in that rock - thanks for the nudge.
-
Tumultuous scene… I like the softness along with the high-key winter landscape. It's an excellent evocation of winter in all its beauty.
Agreed.
-
It's winter all right. Good shot, Krug.
-
Perhaps there was a similar weather when George crossed the Delaware...