Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sierraman on March 04, 2016, 11:30:00 pm

Title: Alabama Hills
Post by: sierraman on March 04, 2016, 11:30:00 pm
Lots of old western films were shot in this area. Fun to take a trip out on Movie Road to see all of the filming locations from some of the great cowboy movies.
Title: Re: Alabama Hills
Post by: thierrylegros396 on March 05, 2016, 02:33:52 am
Nice but a bit crisp to my eyes.

Thierry
Title: Re: Alabama Hills
Post by: francois on March 05, 2016, 10:45:23 am
Initially I shared Thierry's opinion (about crispness) but after a while, the sharpness and details didn't bother me much. In fact, the more I look at it, the more this shot grows on me…
The only nit is that on my MacBook monitor, the wb is too greenish… but I would need to confirm that with a decent monitor so take it with a big grain of salt.
Title: Re: Alabama Hills
Post by: sierraman on March 05, 2016, 11:33:41 am
Thanks guys for your comments. I've learned a lot from the experienced photographers on this forum.  :)
Title: Re: Alabama Hills
Post by: maddogmurph on March 05, 2016, 07:56:52 pm
I need to head out there... :)
Title: Re: Alabama Hills
Post by: sdwilsonsct on March 06, 2016, 08:30:41 am
I like all the textures. I'm not sure why the background range is relatively bright, but on the other hand slightly unusual landscapes like this are good to see.
Title: Re: Alabama Hills
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 07, 2016, 04:15:02 am
It looks a bit greenish to me too. Very nice landscape.