Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: chuckn on March 04, 2016, 11:21:52 pm

Title: 2 junipers and light post
Post by: chuckn on March 04, 2016, 11:21:52 pm
Took this while on a walk yesterday.

Chuck
Title: Re: 2 junipers and light post
Post by: Bruce Cox on March 05, 2016, 10:46:31 am
I'm betting on the light post in this contest of primal attraction.
Title: Re: 2 junipers and light post
Post by: brianrybolt on March 05, 2016, 12:47:19 pm
I like the shot but I would use some 'content aware' if you are so inclined, to get rid of the lamp post and the triangular white shape next to it.

Brian
Title: Re: 2 junipers and light post
Post by: brandtb on March 06, 2016, 07:53:30 am
Nice image. "Either or" on that lampost on the right, image would be fine without it.
Title: Re: 2 junipers and light post
Post by: BobDavid on March 07, 2016, 11:56:32 pm
The lamp post on the right seems to be a tip o' the hat to Steven Shore--except his work was in color. I like the photo--takes me back to art photography of the 70s.
Title: Re: 2 junipers and light post
Post by: chuckn on March 08, 2016, 10:00:48 am
Thanks for the comments everyone.

The lamp post on the right seems to be a tip o' the hat to Steven Shore--except his work was in color. I like the photo--takes me back to art photography of the 70s.

Thanks for the comparison Bob.

Chuck
Title: Re: 2 junipers and light post
Post by: Jane on March 11, 2016, 02:40:19 pm
I like this picture a lot. The lamp posts and wires are just fine. They are a delicate scaffolding that enhance the commanding density of the two trees. 
Title: Re: 2 junipers and light post
Post by: chuckn on March 13, 2016, 05:32:42 pm
I like this picture a lot. The lamp posts and wires are just fine. They are a delicate scaffolding that enhance the commanding density of the two trees. 

Thanks Jane.

Chuck