Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: marcmccalmont on March 04, 2016, 09:07:48 pm

Title: DXO One
Post by: marcmccalmont on March 04, 2016, 09:07:48 pm
I noticed a price reduction on the DXO One $499
Are those of you that purchased one happy with it's performance? Would you recommend one?
Thanks
Marc
Title: Re: DXO One
Post by: Kevin Raber on March 04, 2016, 10:26:16 pm
Price reduction could reflect a number of things.  I wouldn't be happy if I paid full price for it.  We did review the DXO DXO Luminous-Landscape Review (https://luminous-landscape.com/dxo-one-hands-on-review/)

Title: Re: DXO One
Post by: Colorado David on March 04, 2016, 10:31:33 pm
I got an email from them today announcing the price and with a few revisions to the camera.  It now has a stand alone view finder on the camera back.
Title: Re: DXO One
Post by: kencameron on March 05, 2016, 12:28:30 am
The main negative finding in Kevin R's careful review was that your iPhone  may fall off the Camera unit if you hold it but not the iPhone. DXO's reply to this (in a video linked to the review) seems to be that if you are going to operate one-handed, you should hold the iPhone, in which case the Camera unit is too light to fall off. On the face of it, this seems at least worth considering as a response. I wonder if there is anyone who has tried it.