Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Krug on March 02, 2016, 04:48:49 pm

Title: Life in the Old Dog Yet
Post by: Krug on March 02, 2016, 04:48:49 pm
.... or so we dearly hope.
Title: Re: Life in the Old Dog Yet
Post by: BobDavid on March 04, 2016, 01:25:58 pm
I like the color version.
Title: Re: Life in the Old Dog Yet
Post by: muntanela on March 10, 2016, 09:07:22 am
I like it (both versions).
Title: Re: Life in the Old Dog Yet
Post by: stamper on March 10, 2016, 09:08:35 am
I like it (both versions).

Agreed.
Title: Re: Life in the Old Dog Yet
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 10, 2016, 03:50:30 pm
Agreed.
Me too.
Title: Re: Life in the Old Dog Yet
Post by: Jane on March 11, 2016, 02:42:31 pm
It's like a greeting along the road. The black and white does it most justice.
Title: Re: Life in the Old Dog Yet
Post by: Krug on March 15, 2016, 09:00:51 am
Thanks to all for the comments - it is interesting that there does not appear to be any consensus of preference 'twixt B+W or colour - interesting because it reflects my own indecision - which is why I posted the two versions.

On balance I think that I prefer the B+W but that is probably a reflection of a general preference for monochrome's focus on structure and form which colour often masks.

But thanks again for the comments everyone.