Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Dinarius on February 26, 2016, 09:37:46 am
-
What features would you like to see in Phocus?
Unless I'm going totally blind..............
A Graduated Filter tool.
D.
-
control click copy and control click paste image adjustments like in C1 Pro
-
Phocus already reads other camera raw files so it would be great to edit them.
Better still, buy Aperture off Apple and add DAM and support for every camera.
-
I would like to see better highlight recovery and some local adjustments.
-
Better/more powerful LCC adjustments in Scene Calibration
-
control click copy and control click paste image adjustments like in C1 Pro
Just as fast to do this with the modify command?
-
Can you explain to me how you can use modify as quickly as copy and paste adjustment in C1 Pro? I think I'm missing something :o
-
Hi Mitch
Select the image in the browser that you want to copy the adjustments from. Shift or command select the other images you want to apply the adjustments to.
Hit Cmnd/Shift M for modify.
Hit return if you are happy to apply all the adjustments to the selected images.
Make sense?
-
Ah ok that makes sense - however I found a glitch. I selected an image to copy adjustments from. Then command selected a few more. Applied the modification and it worked (slowly), but when I hit undo, my thumbnail previews don't all revert back, only the first selected does.
Still think C1 Pro handlers this better!
-
@ Mitch
I have never seen that glitch. Try applying a strong colour correction to an image, then modifying some others then un-doing...
I do this all the time and it always works. Timing wise I just tried modifying 75 40MP images and it took under a minute, is that considered slow?
-
So Hassy is releasing a new phocus together h6d100c? Sounds great :)
-
I wish it has auto white balance and auto tone.
-
I wish it has auto white balance and auto tone.
Isn't As Shot de facto Auto White Balance? I would have thought so.
It's certainly usually closer to what I'm looking for than any of the preset options.
As I mentioned in another thread, I would like the Library tree to stick to whatever way you left it between opening/closing the program. I hate the way it always closes. Absolutely no good reason for this.
While I try to avoid situations where I'll have to use it, I don't like the behaviour of the Recovery slider. It has too much effect on the overall image. It should be more localised/focused in its effect.
D.
Ps. Feedback directly from Hasselblad on popular and influential forums like this one would be nice.
-
So, the Graduated Filter tool that I asked for has arrived in Phocus 3.0. Happy days. It works beautifully on the RAW file in the program.
But......................
Now all I want is to be able to get 3.0 to work on my Windows 10 system. It keeps crashing.
Also, a Support Case feature directly accessible from the program's Help menu (similar to that of Capture One) would be nice.
D.
-
Definitely better HIGHLIGHT RECOVERY! It´s just so bad, not usable at all :/
More editing options for the adjustment layers would be nice as well...
-
Definitely better HIGHLIGHT RECOVERY! It´s just so bad, not usable at all :/
More editing options for the adjustment layers would be nice as well...
Totally agree.
Contrast is an obvious omission from the Adjustment Layers.
I would also like clarity and brightness.
D.
-
So, the Graduated Filter tool that I asked for has arrived in Phocus 3.0. Happy days. It works beautifully on the RAW file in the program.
But......................
Now all I want is to be able to get 3.0 to work on my Windows 10 system. It keeps crashing.
Also, a Support Case feature directly accessible from the program's Help menu (similar to that of Capture One) would be nice.
D.
Does it crash at start up ? If so, check if you have the Net Framework 4.6 installed.
-
1) Local healing brush, implemented in a similar way to Aperture (ideally) or failing that, Capture One.
2) Skin smoothing. Local version ideally implemented in a similar way to Aperture, global version implemented in the same way as the Portraiture plugin. Or just plugin architecture and use Portraiture directly, of course, but that's probably a lot more work :-)
3) Better highlight recovery, as others have said. Shadow fill works reasonably well in Phocus at least for modest amounts, but highlight recovery definitely lags behind other programs.
4) All adjustments available locally via masking, which I gather v 3.0 has made a start on (hooray!). Make it universal for every adjustment for which it makes any sort of sense.
5) If you are going the whole hog, support for other camera RAW file editing.
6) As others have said, purchase Aperture, combine the best features of Phocus and Aperture and release ;-)
Cheers, Hywel
-
Does it crash at start up ? If so, check if you have the Net Framework 4.6 installed.
Thanks. Sorted now - I think.
It wasn't the Net Framework.
It was using the Scene Calibration tool with presets that had been created with the previous version of Phocus. If I uncheck the Scene Calibration box, but leave all the other settings in place, the file saves to a TIFF.
So, it seems that you can access your old Scene Cal. settings via the new 3.0.
Anyway, it's working now.
D.