Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: chuckn on February 25, 2016, 03:18:16 pm

Title: Tonopah Test Range
Post by: chuckn on February 25, 2016, 03:18:16 pm
Took this on the way back from Death Valley last week. The isolation of the place is was what attracted my attention.

Chuck
Title: Re: Tonopah Test Range
Post by: drmike on February 25, 2016, 03:25:24 pm
Personally I'd say you could get greater separation of the missile from the sky by making the blue in the sky darker and increasing the contrast. On the other hand it's not everyone's choice and I am guilty of making my skies overly dramatic :) I think it's a shot with good potential from very little obvious material.
Title: Re: Tonopah Test Range
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 25, 2016, 04:36:26 pm
Ansel certainly conditioned many of us to prefer dark skies, at least in black and white images. I, too, would like to see the sky here darker as Dr. Mike suggested.

I realized just recently that I don't care for dark skies in color photographs. I guess I have to blame Ansel.
Title: Re: Tonopah Test Range
Post by: Otto Phocus on February 26, 2016, 06:05:28 am
Tonopah?  That brings back memories.  Isolation is one of the better descriptive words for it.  :)

Cool shot.