Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: mseawell on February 24, 2016, 02:29:23 pm
-
Made a recent trip to Bryce Canyon. This was our first trip down so here are our impressions. A big thanks to everyone who gave us advice for the trip!
http://mseawell.zenfolio.com/blog/2016/2/the-awakening-bryce-canyon-in-winter
-
I loved your posting of your trip to Bryce and your images. I particularly this extract from your account:
"I don’t know what I expected but this wasn’t it. I like to think I’m a decent photographer able to capture the beauty of what I see through the eye of my camera but there is nothing like BEING there. To hear the snow crunching under your feet, to FEEL the cool wind on your face. To stand one foot away from oblivion and embrace not fear but awe. To be so small and inconsequential in the face of such majesty and grandeur, humbling."
We sometimes forget that photography is very much about the experience of just 'being there'
-
I loved your posting of your trip to Bryce and your images. I particularly this extract from your account:
"I don’t know what I expected but this wasn’t it. I like to think I’m a decent photographer able to capture the beauty of what I see through the eye of my camera but there is nothing like BEING there. To hear the snow crunching under your feet, to FEEL the cool wind on your face. To stand one foot away from oblivion and embrace not fear but awe. To be so small and inconsequential in the face of such majesty and grandeur, humbling."
We sometimes forget that photography is very much about the experience of just 'being there'
Well said, Nelson. I agree.
-
Made a recent trip to Bryce Canyon.
Always wanted to visit Bryce and Moab in winter...nice results!
-
Beautiful results.
Many thanks,
Dave
-
Thanks for all the kind comments. Bryce is definitely gorgeous with snow. Jeff, you should go but be aware the food options are...limited. Ruby's is about your only option and it was bad food and high prices.
Mark