Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: maddogmurph on February 23, 2016, 06:32:47 pm
-
I think she did extremely well to keep still with her eyes open for 20 seconds all things considered. I'm looking for opinions on how this turned out? Do you like it? I feel like something is missing still... maybe it's just because she's not perfectly sharp. Maybe I vignetted this too hard to draw the focus to her? I feel close, but I'm not sure where to go. Opinions?
-
I do not care much about sharp/unsharp issues, nor vignetting, etc. That is all more or less ok. What I find distracting, however, is her posed smile, that make her look more like an American TV anchor than engaged in a deeply meditating moment (for which closed eyes might be more appropriate, actually). Other than that, the rest is quite impressive.
-
Great landscape and location.
-
I like it and don't see any issue regarding vignetting or sharpness.
I'm sorry to say that, but I feel a bit uncomfortable about the lady in the frame... actually not her personally but the whole image makes make think that it's an ad for a yoga/spa resort somewhere in British Columbia.
Now, this is just my opinion nothing more, worth less than 1/2 cent. 8)
-
I do not care much about sharp/unsharp issues, nor vignetting, etc. That is all more or less ok. What I find distracting, however, is her posed smile, that make her look more like an American TV anchor than engaged in a deeply meditating moment (for which closed eyes might be more appropriate, actually). Other than that, the rest is quite impressive.
Agreed
-
I think she did extremely well to keep still with her eyes open for 20 seconds all things considered. I'm looking for opinions on how this turned out? Do you like it? I feel like something is missing still... maybe it's just because she's not perfectly sharp. Maybe I vignetted this too hard to draw the focus to her? I feel close, but I'm not sure where to go. Opinions?
In my opinion sharpness and chromatism are "only" very good, but I find the image equally very strong and I like it much.
Because the idea of meditation-and-nature, the superb rendition in the scene composition.....
All the best,
Sandro
-
This is the kind of image promoted by sites like TandemStock et al if done well....although this is a little more moody than typical there. I think the shadows again in this one are "pulled up" to much around the figure and it looks artificial. As well, I would have shot this with the woman's head rising a little more above the mountain range edge behind her...and maybe shoot from location a little closer...so viewer is more connected with figure and a little less with the ominous landscape surrounding.
-
I like it. The mix of blurred water and clouds with the relatively sharp woman works IMO. Her facial expression seems a little canned and I agree if you are showing meditation then maybe that part doesn't fit.
That aside I like the image and like to try and make images somewhat like this myself sometimes.