Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sarrasani on February 23, 2016, 05:07:46 am

Title: Marble and sky (Alpi Apuane caves - colour gallery)
Post by: sarrasani on February 23, 2016, 05:07:46 am
after the monochrome, the colour gallery

A7r Sony with Samyang 14, Leitz-r 28 mm elmarit, Leitz-r 35 mm summicron.

Enjoy them if you want (please 4k definition) and all the best,
Sandro

... (https://sandrobisotti.smugmug.com/Henraux-2015/)
Title: Re: Marble and sky (Alpi Apuane caves - colour gallery)
Post by: biker on February 23, 2016, 04:54:10 pm
Well, that's something a bit different. It's not for everyone but I quite like some of them.

The best shot IMO is this one (https://sandrobisotti.smugmug.com/Henraux-2015/i-2QRZHj4/A) with its lights shadows and reflections.
And this (https://sandrobisotti.smugmug.com/Henraux-2015/i-cK8bTRd/A) is a great documentary about the vastness of that space.
Title: Re: Marble and sky (Alpi Apuane caves - colour gallery)
Post by: sarrasani on February 24, 2016, 05:22:27 am
thank you much for your attention and you comment.
All the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Marble and sky (Alpi Apuane caves - colour gallery)
Post by: luxborealis on February 28, 2016, 01:58:38 pm
Would you please choose one or two (or up to four) photos and put them directly into the post. Leave us the SmugMug link for those who want the full Monty, but being selective helps make one a better photographer.
Title: Re: Marble and sky (Alpi Apuane caves - colour gallery)
Post by: sarrasani on February 28, 2016, 05:42:42 pm
Would you please choose one or two (or up to four) photos and put them directly into the post. Leave us the SmugMug link for those who want the full Monty, but being selective helps make one a better photographer.

 In the linked gallery each one can easily choose the preferred images (if he want....) that not necessarly are my favourites.
But if a "selection of the selection" is required, I'll do so. Thank you,
Sandro
Title: Re: Marble and sky (Alpi Apuane caves - colour gallery)
Post by: maddogmurph on February 28, 2016, 07:27:35 pm
In the linked gallery each one can easily choose the preferred images (if he want....) that not necessarly are my favourites.
But if a "selection of the selection" is required, I'll do so. Thank you,
Sandro
Don't worry about it. I think he's just saying if you expect feedback on a particular your method might not be the best. But who am I to mediate. All I know is I liked looking at those images. It shows me your lenses are doing laps around mine... If you can make an uninteresting subject like that so interesting just based on the high level of detail and superior optics it gives me a clear goal of acquiring better glass than the top of the line Nikon glass I currently own.
Title: Re: Marble and sky (Alpi Apuane caves - colour gallery)
Post by: sarrasani on February 29, 2016, 08:01:12 am
Don't worry about it. I think he's just saying if you expect feedback on a particular your method might not be the best. But who am I to mediate. All I know is I liked looking at those images. It shows me your lenses are doing laps around mine... If you can make an uninteresting subject like that so interesting just based on the high level of detail and superior optics it gives me a clear goal of acquiring better glass than the top of the line Nikon glass I currently own.

I think your top nikon (as canon and other big brands) glasses has nothing less than my favourite Leica-r or Contax-Zeiss.
Maybe some different characters and attitudes.....different philosophies but ever in the same range of quality.
The subtleness of the differences between the better (for example) portrait lenses from Zeiss, Leitz, Nikon and other ones .....
IMHO only question of tastes, but it's funny to find (trying them, when possible) our favourite optic interpretation.
All the best,
Sandro