Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: maddogmurph on February 22, 2016, 10:12:50 pm

Title: Twilight Fire
Post by: maddogmurph on February 22, 2016, 10:12:50 pm
Scouting this location the day before in rather poor weather we spent the day wandering through the rain-forest and about two hours before sunset headed to this spot on the coast I had seen in a few postcards. I felt like the post cards did a really poor job of representing the possibilities this beach had, so I took it upon myself to see if I could produce something better. Perhaps a photograph that is not in direct sunlight during the day.

After shooting a fantastic sunset (more pictures to come), I decided to move over to this iconic spot on the beach about 20 minutes away. Naturally I thought as the sun had set that most of my light would be gone, and maybe I'd get something interesting with Astro, or during twilight. As I approached the icon I noticed that one of the streams had pooled before it, and was perfectly still. I saw an opportunity as the light was fading to reflect the stone, and although you cannot see the beach or waves, I think it turned out fantastic. It's really just another example of getting phenomenal light when I've thought the best has passed.
Title: Re: Twilight Fire
Post by: nma on February 23, 2016, 12:48:26 am
This one is a keeper. Well done.
Title: Re: Twilight Fire
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 23, 2016, 04:00:04 am
Excellent composition and colour.
Title: Re: Twilight Fire
Post by: Tony Jay on February 23, 2016, 05:59:30 am
Sumptuous!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Twilight Fire
Post by: Jens Peermann on February 23, 2016, 10:03:36 am
Excellent composition and colour.

+1

I, too, have become aware of the fantastic light during the hour before sunrise and after sunset and intend to utilize that a lot more.