Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on February 21, 2016, 04:05:20 pm

Title: February Moon
Post by: Bob_B on February 21, 2016, 04:05:20 pm
Another photo from last night's session under the stars. This time the nearly full moon. We don't get clear skies like this very often in Baltimore, and the warm weather in February was an added bonus. Thanks for viewing. C&C welcomed.

    Bob
Title: Re: February Moon
Post by: thierrylegros396 on February 22, 2016, 06:25:21 am
What kinda materials did you use?

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry Legros
Title: Re: February Moon
Post by: Bob_B on February 22, 2016, 09:12:59 am
Hi Thierry,

   Canon 7D, 70-200 mm f/2.8 L with 1.4x extender on tripod. 1/60 sec @ f/8 @ISO 100. Processed 20 images using Registax, PS, and LR. (See http://northrup.photo/photographing-the-moon/ for details.)

    Thanks for looking.

           Bob
Title: Re: February Moon
Post by: MattBurt on February 22, 2016, 05:54:59 pm
It's technically a good shot (sharpness, exposure) but I prefer moon photos with some context. The moon closer to the horizon and other elements would make it more interesting.
Title: Re: February Moon
Post by: Bob_B on February 22, 2016, 07:23:35 pm
Thanks Matt. I certainly agree about context. Maybe when I'm somewhere other than my backyard :). The moon photo and the one of Orion's nebula were just experiments in technique, which I think I have grasped. - Bob