Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: maddogmurph on February 19, 2016, 04:29:36 pm

Title: The Watcher
Post by: maddogmurph on February 19, 2016, 04:29:36 pm
It was a long drive to the lagoon containing the watcher. To me the ice seems like a watcher observing the people who are fortunate enough to find themselves and sometimes offering them gifts of beautiful light, water, wind, clouds, & ice. Put together, it conjures fantastic ideas of the creativity of nature. Can you see him?

This is a single shot, four second time lapsed exposure to show the strong pull of the tide pulling the ice blocks out to sea.  The ocean then pushes these blocks back onto the beach at change of tide creating beaches blanketed with these ice blocks.
Title: Re: The Watcher
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 19, 2016, 05:29:02 pm
I really like this one a lot.

Can I ask where it was taken?
Title: Re: The Watcher
Post by: maddogmurph on February 19, 2016, 05:36:35 pm
I really like this one a lot.

Can I ask where it was taken?
https://flic.kr/p/yEXNRa
Jökulsárlón, Iceland - A place I could literally live for a few months as a photographer and probably never get tired of being there... Or shooting. But you'd get tired of the tourists. Shooting northern lights here is nearly impossible with all the "light painters" on the shore.  I got a few shots though.
Title: Re: The Watcher
Post by: Bob_B on February 20, 2016, 08:43:57 am
Spectacular scenery and nicely composed. A small nit: there's a bit of haloing on the foreground rocks (as seen on my uncalibrated monitor).
Title: Re: The Watcher
Post by: Jens Peermann on February 20, 2016, 10:13:41 am
A very dynamic shot. I can feel motion looking at it. And the lines in the sky are pure art. Very well done!
Title: Re: The Watcher
Post by: sarrasani on February 20, 2016, 05:48:39 pm
wonderful soft and natural tones and colours.....excellent for my tastes.
All the best,
Sandro
Title: Re: The Watcher
Post by: luxborealis on February 20, 2016, 11:06:14 pm
Spectacular scenery and nicely composed. A small nit: there's a bit of haloing on the foreground rocks (as seen on my uncalibrated monitor).

Agreed - gorgeous sky in particular, but the halos are apparent.