Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on February 19, 2016, 02:34:24 am

Title: Immersed...
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 19, 2016, 02:34:24 am
...in the Quran.

Seen at the 200-year-old Odathil Palli (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odathil_Palli) mosque in Thalassery, Kerala.

Title: Re: Immersed...
Post by: philaitman on February 19, 2016, 04:12:49 am
I find this photograph very interesting. For the most part the composition is symmetrical and dead centre giving sense of stability, however the position of the main subject being off centre in the window adds tension and interest. It's a great composition, great use of space, I like it.
Title: Re: Immersed...
Post by: stamper on February 19, 2016, 04:25:36 am
I find this photograph very interesting. For the most part the composition is symmetrical and dead centre giving sense of stability, however the position of the main subject being off centre in the window adds tension and interest. It's a great composition, great use of space, I like it.

Couldn't have stated it better.
Title: Re: Immersed...
Post by: Chairman Bill on February 19, 2016, 04:47:41 am
Superbly done. As always.
Title: Re: Immersed...
Post by: francois on February 19, 2016, 07:25:11 am
I agree with the comments above. The framing is very well chosen.
Well done!
Title: Re: Immersed...
Post by: RSL on February 19, 2016, 07:38:35 am
Couldn't have stated it better.

+1
Title: Re: Immersed...
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 19, 2016, 08:41:56 am
Couldn't have stated it better.
+2.
Title: Re: Immersed...
Post by: Bob_B on February 19, 2016, 09:15:13 am
What they said! (A wonderful study in composition, Rajan. My compliments.)
Title: Re: Immersed...
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 19, 2016, 11:58:19 am
Thank you, all.
Title: Re: Immersed...
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 20, 2016, 10:49:56 am
Great composition and treatment.