Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on February 18, 2016, 07:17:05 am

Title: The Rock.
Post by: stamper on February 18, 2016, 07:17:05 am
A long exposure of Dumbarton Rock on the river Clyde in the west of Scotland.
Title: Re: The Rock.
Post by: philaitman on February 18, 2016, 07:53:03 am
I love the symmetry and the darkness. It adds a mystery to the shot.
I wish there had been more space between the rock and the cloud, but it's not like you had control of that :)
It's a great shot.
Title: Re: The Rock.
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 18, 2016, 09:45:33 am
Beautiful!
Title: Re: The Rock.
Post by: francois on February 18, 2016, 09:46:57 am
I like it too. With the symmetry, the shape of the line of clouds seem to "contain" the rock.

Well seen!
Title: Re: The Rock.
Post by: RSL on February 18, 2016, 10:09:17 am
Beautiful!
+1
Title: Re: The Rock.
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 18, 2016, 10:22:04 am
Well done.
Title: Re: The Rock.
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 18, 2016, 12:42:41 pm
Very good!

Jeremy
Title: Re: The Rock.
Post by: Arlen on February 18, 2016, 07:05:34 pm
Lot's of drama here. I like the way you used the dark tones; very effective.
Title: Re: The Rock.
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 18, 2016, 10:35:20 pm
Elegant and powerful.
Title: Re: The Rock.
Post by: stamper on February 19, 2016, 03:58:51 am
Thanks for the positive feedback. I have photographed this scene many times and this was one of the most productive.