Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: tomb18 on February 17, 2016, 10:59:01 pm
-
like the Epson 4800.
I'm thinking of the newer P800 but if i am goign to suffer clogs in a couple of months I want no part of. I have wasted $300 of in on cleaning, power cleaning etc. And its still clogged. I tried all the tricks out there. This on will be sold for parts.
If the Epson P800 is just as bad please , what are the other options.
Thanks
-
I have not had a clog and I am very happy with it. I have had it now for 2 weeks.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
Many of us assumed/hoped that Epson took most of its design cues for the P800 from its 3800/3880 predecessors - a notably reliable design; rather than the 4xxx series - a design which assumed near-constant use.
My printer was among the first shipment of P800's to North America last summer. Eight months in, I'd say it's every bit as reliable as its 3800 and 3880 predecessors (which I also owned).
I think you're safe with the P800. It's a fabulous printer.
-
I have owned all three manufacturers printers. HP and Canon use different printing technology than Epson. The all produce great pictures. The Epson by far had the most clogs (although my experience was quite a few years ago). From reading other peoples viewpoints, some of the Epson printers are still clog happy while a few models seem to have improved significantly.
With HP and Canon, I have had great results with little clogging. I'm not a heavy user, so that speaks quite well for these machines since popular opinion indicates lack of use tends to increase the clogging. I'm not that familiar with 17" models, but you aren't far from 24" and you might want to consider that size especially if they have larger ink tanks and thus lower cost ink.
I think Canon and HP have rebates going right now. I'll be curious to hear what you decide to go with. Good luck. :)
Miles