Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Martin Wouterlood on February 16, 2016, 09:23:45 pm

Title: RZ + Phase back...need cable or good to go??
Post by: Martin Wouterlood on February 16, 2016, 09:23:45 pm
Considering more cost effective options than I have now, I am wondering if the Mamiya Pro II D  + HX701 needs a cable with Phase One backs or is it good to go. No need really to delve into other issues related to the camera itself or the limited wide angle with crops as I know it quite well, but highlighting any combination issues would be welcome.
Thanks for replies.
Title: Re: RZ + Phase back...need cable or good to go??
Post by: Rod.Klukas on February 17, 2016, 12:59:35 am
Considering more cost effective options than I have now, I am wondering if the Mamiya Pro II D  + HX701 needs a cable with Phase One backs or is it good to go. No need really to delve into other issues related to the camera itself or the limited wide angle with crops as I know it quite well, but highlighting any combination issues would be welcome.
Thanks for replies.
I believe that there is no need for a cable with the back,
The electronic conccectors are present in the adapter plate.
Rod
Title: Re: RZ + Phase back...need cable or good to go??
Post by: Altdo on February 17, 2016, 06:09:52 am
RZ Pro II = Cable to adaptor Plate w/ V-mount back.
RZ Pro IID = Adaptor Plate w/ M-mount back (so NO cable)

Source:
https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Article.aspx?articleid=1123&languageid=1
Title: Re: RZ + Phase back...need cable or good to go??
Post by: Martin Wouterlood on February 17, 2016, 11:04:15 pm
Thanks
I guess that is all I really need to know...so I can use any M mount back (at least Leaf and Phase 1)?