Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: tomb18 on February 16, 2016, 04:05:42 pm

Title: Can the epson P800 use 17x25 paper?
Post by: tomb18 on February 16, 2016, 04:05:42 pm
Hi
I know in the specs that it does not support this for the cut sheet sizes but can you define a custom size and use that?  Ot fake roll paper and slide in a 17x25 sheet?
Thanks
Title: Re: Can the epson P800 use 17x25 paper?
Post by: howardm on February 16, 2016, 06:24:36 pm
They usually say 17x22 because that is the largest sheet the mfgr sells.  The 3880 could go up to 37" in length so I would believe the P800 could also.

This does NOT hold true for Canon printers.  When they say 22" length, they mean it.  Marketing dimwits.
Title: Re: Can the epson P800 use 17x25 paper?
Post by: hugowolf on February 16, 2016, 07:04:47 pm
Even when printing on rolls, you have to define a sheet size. You can't just say this is a 17" roll, print a 17" x 25" on it. Every roll print is a custom size. It does somehting like 17" x 10'.

Brian A
Title: Re: Can the epson P800 use 17x25 paper?
Post by: AFairley on February 17, 2016, 12:40:14 pm
I've done 17x25 sheets on the 3880 by defining and saving a custom size
Title: Re: Can the epson P800 use 17x25 paper?
Post by: RoyH on February 17, 2016, 02:33:05 pm
As others have said, I would believe that with setting a custom paper size it should work just fine. I have done 13X37 prints on the 3880 using Red River 13x38 pano sheet paper with no issues.
Title: Re: Can the epson P800 use 17x25 paper?
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on February 17, 2016, 04:57:34 pm
I've done 17x25 sheets on the 3880 by defining and saving a custom size
As I have as well though it is difficult finding sources for 17x25 cut sheet.  I have a roll of Museo Silver Rag that I cut that size from and it works fine though you need a rotatrim cutter and need to make sure the edge is true so that you don't get a paper skew.

Alan
Title: Re: Can the epson P800 use 17x25 paper?
Post by: rdonson on February 17, 2016, 08:13:55 pm
I hope to try something soon.  I have some 24" rolls that I plan to make some 17x24 sheets from using my Rotatrim.
Title: Re: Can the epson P800 use 17x25 paper?
Post by: mshea on February 19, 2016, 02:00:26 pm
I use Harman Hahnemuhle Gloss Baryta as my standard luster paper for both color and B&W. It comes in 17X25 cut sheets. Just use cotton gloves to de-curl the corners.

Merrill
Title: Re: Can the epson P800 use 17x25 paper?
Post by: AFairley on February 19, 2016, 09:12:58 pm
As I have as well though it is difficult finding sources for 17x25 cut sheet.  I have a roll of Museo Silver Rag that I cut that size from and it works fine though you need a rotatrim cutter and need to make sure the edge is true so that you don't get a paper skew.

Alan

I cut it out of 24x30 sheets and cut up the remainders for small prints or test prints.
Title: Re: Can the epson P800 use 17x25 paper?
Post by: Peter McLennan on February 19, 2016, 10:53:46 pm
As I have as well though it is difficult finding sources for 17x25 cut sheet.

I order mine from inkjetart in Salt Lake City.  Several surfaces available.  My friend has a new P800 and it prints beautifully to this media.

https://www.itsupplies.com/InkJetArt-Micro-Ceramic-Luster-17x25-50-shts



Title: Re: Can the epson P800 use 17x25 paper?
Post by: mfryd on March 06, 2016, 06:44:58 pm
Yes.  The Epson P800 will print on 17x25 cut sheets.  Like the old 3880, you need to define a custom paper size.

Unlike the 3880, you have the option of printing borderless on 17x25 with Epson's printer driver.