Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Herbc on February 16, 2016, 01:45:47 pm

Title: Paper setting on P800 for film?
Post by: Herbc on February 16, 2016, 01:45:47 pm
I am doing some b/w digital negatives on pictorico film.  What paper selection should I tell my P800 to use? 8)
Title: Re: Paper setting on P800 for film?
Post by: hugowolf on February 16, 2016, 07:14:28 pm
Either semi-gloss or gloss, don't do lustre, it puts down too much ink. And let it dry for half an hourt before handling it. It is not instant drying. If you are doing more than one, remove the first from the output tray, but only handle by the edges.

Brian A
Title: Re: Paper setting on P800 for film?
Post by: Herbc on February 16, 2016, 07:19:40 pm
thanks Brian-I just heard from epson- they said matte-seems odd they would say that??? 8)
Title: Re: Paper setting on P800 for film?
Post by: hugowolf on February 16, 2016, 08:03:56 pm
It is probably the drying thing. For platimum/paladium and collotypes negs, I have always used one of the gloss settings. What specific matte setting did they say to use: Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte?

Brian A
Title: Re: Paper setting on P800 for film?
Post by: Herbc on February 17, 2016, 08:29:40 am
they said presentation paper matte.  I would have thought matte took more ink than gloss, but what do I know.
Title: Re: Paper setting on P800 for film?
Post by: hugowolf on February 17, 2016, 01:02:20 pm
they said presentation paper matte.  I would have thought matte took more ink than gloss, but what do I know.

Yes, it has the second highest ink loading, just after Velvet Fine Art. You will have to be really careful with handling on that media setting. Pictorico actually recommend gloss: http://diamond-jet.com/resources1/pictorico/recommended%20printer%20settings%2020090122rv.pdf.

Brian A