Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Kiwi Paul on February 16, 2016, 11:40:53 am

Title: B&W trilogy
Post by: Kiwi Paul on February 16, 2016, 11:40:53 am
3 B&W photos.

Comments welcome

Denmore woods and Loch, where I live, a nice scenic spot.

Sony A7ii + Sony 28 f2.0 lens.

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1655/24404410363_c9c0894f3d_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/DbwYXV)

Stairs

Oly Em5ii + Pany 7-14 @ 14mm

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1702/24295261304_48d343da75_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/D1TyKA)

Spooky woods,

Oly EM5ii + Pana Leica 25mm f1.4 lens

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1510/24577421880_f1ecf08314_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/DrPHg7)
Title: Re: B&W trilogy
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 16, 2016, 01:26:47 pm
A very fine set, nicely processed. My favorites are the first two. I can't really decide between them.
Title: Re: B&W trilogy
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 17, 2016, 04:07:12 am
Good set. I prefer #3, as it takes me deeper into the woods; makes me want to walk along the path.
Title: Re: B&W trilogy
Post by: francois on February 17, 2016, 06:40:34 am
I like this set a lot but #3 (spooky woods) is my favorite with #2 (stairs) in second place. I especially like the silver look of #3 and the path in #3 and #2.

Well done, good job.
Title: Re: B&W trilogy
Post by: petermfiore on February 17, 2016, 08:07:00 am
I like this set a lot but #3 (spooky woods) is my favorite .

I too like #3...but I find it inviting.

Peter
Title: Re: B&W trilogy
Post by: Walt Roycraft on February 17, 2016, 09:13:55 am
I really like #3 but the processing treatment(open shadows) does not go with the name. I find nothing spooky about it, just beautiful inviting woods.
The first 2 I do not care for.
Title: Re: B&W trilogy
Post by: Bob_B on February 17, 2016, 09:39:01 am
I too like the composition of the third; the processing not so much. Maybe a slight darkening of the shadows and an increase in contrast could help?
Title: Re: B&W trilogy
Post by: sarrasani on February 19, 2016, 06:30:33 pm
so fine set! I prefer the 1 then the 3, but all of them are well composed and prepared.
Spectacular tones subtleness in 1.
All the best,
Sandro.