Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: muralin on February 15, 2016, 10:25:26 pm

Title: Iceland PoIs for your use/enjoyment
Post by: muralin on February 15, 2016, 10:25:26 pm
I am going to Iceland in March. I spent 50+ hours researching Flickr, Google Earth, various books on Iceland to identify spots I want to visit from Olafsvik (west) to Hofn (east). I created this PoI map in Google Maps at https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zdISRdgk8n_E.kWklNc9d-Bss&usp=sharing. Feel free to download the PoIs in kml/kmz format and import them into your favorite navigation software. I import the POIs from Googlr Maps into the POI Viewer app on my iphone and then select a spot which then opens the Navigon app to start navigation.

Only request I as of u is to send any corrections or additions to my email address which is [email protected]. Currently, the map has about 200+ PoIs.

Enjoy & have fun.

Murali
Title: Re: Iceland PoIs for your use/enjoyment
Post by: muralin on April 03, 2016, 09:20:32 pm
Had a terrific 12-day trip to Iceland from March 17 thru March 29. You can find my favorite 40 images at https://flic.kr/s/aHsku1d7MX. I will post some teasers in here as well.
Title: Re: Iceland PoIs for your use/enjoyment
Post by: Chairman Bill on April 04, 2016, 03:44:27 am
Some great images there.
Title: Re: Iceland PoIs for your use/enjoyment
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 04, 2016, 02:32:30 pm
Some great images there.
I agree.
Title: Re: Iceland PoIs for your use/enjoyment
Post by: Msstudio on May 01, 2017, 03:09:20 pm
Hi, I just checked out the link and I'm only getting POI in Norway. Did you change the list. IS there a way to get the Iceland lsut you compiled.
I would really appreciate any tips.
Cheers...
Title: Re: Iceland PoIs for your use/enjoyment
Post by: PeterAit on May 02, 2017, 11:10:01 am
Had a terrific 12-day trip to Iceland from March 17 thru March 29. You can find my favorite 40 images at https://flic.kr/s/aHsku1d7MX. I will post some teasers in here as well.

Nicely done! Thanks.
Title: Re: Iceland PoIs for your use/enjoyment
Post by: muralin on May 27, 2017, 12:07:24 pm
Hi, I just checked out the link and I'm only getting POI in Norway. Did you change the list. IS there a way to get the Iceland lsut you compiled.
I would really appreciate any tips.
Cheers...

My 13 day blog posts starting here (https://muralipix.com/2017/04/16/iceland-march-17-2015-day-1/) has the location info for almost all the spots. You should be able to download the POIs in kml/kmz format from here (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w295zeIKyKcbyBD3mz9_wmKDi1U&usp=sharing). If you have any questions, do not reach out me via https://muralipix.com/contact/