Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mseawell on February 14, 2016, 09:12:41 am

Title: Winter's Field
Post by: mseawell on February 14, 2016, 09:12:41 am
The beauty of winter materializes on this open field up in the Timapanogas mountains. We were snowshoeing for nearly two hours when we found this lovely spot. Winter's field.
Title: Re: Winter's Field
Post by: biker on February 14, 2016, 11:37:02 am
Very nice. I especially like the shadow - light boundary. Also the 4:3 aspect ratio does a good job here.
The only mildly distracting thing (maybe for my eyes only!) is the footpath(?) on the right edge of the picture.
Title: Re: Winter's Field
Post by: mseawell on February 14, 2016, 11:38:18 am
Thanks Biker! Yep, it was a footpath if I'm not mistaken.
Title: Re: Winter's Field
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 15, 2016, 04:10:30 am
Excellent B&W. I can't decide if the tree adds value, or just intrudes in the general view.
Title: Re: Winter's Field
Post by: marcgoldring on February 15, 2016, 06:22:42 am
I like this, there's so much interesting going on... Yet, I also wonder about the tree: either more or less would work better, I think. And I'm not sure that the image is enhanced by so much shadow at the bottom: perhaps a crop of 16x9 or some such to eliminate some of that.

Marco
Title: Re: Winter's Field
Post by: vartkes on February 15, 2016, 06:46:50 pm
Wonderful composition and monotone development. One can always nit-pick! But just look at the light and the craft; both masterly.
Title: Re: Winter's Field
Post by: sarrasani on February 19, 2016, 06:40:17 pm
wonderful tones and b/w tuning!
sandro