Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on February 11, 2016, 02:07:20 am

Title: Mountain Afloat
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 11, 2016, 02:07:20 am
Mountains Afloat (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/02/10/mountains-afloat/), in Mývatn, Iceland.

Title: Re: Mountain Afloat
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 11, 2016, 02:15:51 am
Remove the sheep and you'll get a Rhein II :)
Title: Re: Mountain Afloat
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 11, 2016, 03:42:26 am
Pastoral and mysterious, well done.
Title: Re: Mountain Afloat
Post by: Jens Peermann on February 11, 2016, 08:11:52 am
Great capture of how nature delights those who have eyes to see. It also reminds me of the old rule "never blue and green with nothing in between".
Title: Re: Mountain Afloat
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 11, 2016, 09:36:57 am
I love it!

It brings back memories of the midges clogging my eyes, ears, and mouth (if I dared to open it) when trying to camp too close to Myvatn. We had to move back about a quarter mile, and then it was fine.
Title: Re: Mountain Afloat
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 11, 2016, 09:50:13 am
Nice! Bláfjall on your blog is equally good.
If these were mine I might turn down the blue a little.
Title: Re: Mountain Afloat
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 11, 2016, 11:44:06 am
Thank you, gentlemen.

Slobodan - the thought had occurred to me.

Eric - the midges clogging Mývatn in the summer these days have gotten a little larger and are called humans.

Scott - I did tamp down the blue, but that was last evening. With a fresh pair of eyes this morning, I will take another look.