Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mseawell on February 06, 2016, 08:29:29 pm

Title: Dusk Canyon
Post by: mseawell on February 06, 2016, 08:29:29 pm
And the end of the day arrives at Bryce Canyon in Utah arrives. Nothing but the velvet light and the silence of the snow to set the mood. What more could a photographer ask?

Mark
Title: Re: Dusk Canyon
Post by: justlikebeingthere on February 07, 2016, 07:19:19 am
...What more could a photographer ask?

A good bottle of wine?
Title: Re: Dusk Canyon
Post by: mseawell on February 07, 2016, 08:44:56 am
Trust me when I say no good wine is to be found at Bryce!
Title: Re: Dusk Canyon
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 07, 2016, 09:23:50 am
Trust me when I saw no good wine is to be found at Bryce!
On my one trip to southern Utah I expected to find no alcohol at all, but was surprised to find many places serving decent beer, at least.

(Note to self: Bring wine on next trip to Bryce.)

The idea of sitting comfortably, looking over that amazing scene while drinking fine wine is very appealing.
Title: Re: Dusk Canyon
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 07, 2016, 09:34:10 am
...(Note to self: Bring wine on next trip to Bryce.)

The idea of sitting comfortably, looking over that amazing scene while drinking fine wine is very appealing.

Not unless you want to get in trouble with the law. Many parks have regulations against open consumption of alcohol ;)
Title: Re: Dusk Canyon
Post by: PeterAit on February 07, 2016, 09:44:24 am
What more could a photographer ask?


A sighting of bigfoot, Elvis, and Jackie O? Seriously, lovely photo.
Title: Re: Dusk Canyon
Post by: mseawell on February 07, 2016, 09:44:43 am
Cheers!
Title: Re: Dusk Canyon
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 07, 2016, 12:26:08 pm
Not unless you want to get in trouble with the law. Many parks have regulations against open consumption of alcohol ;)
But I always carry my Lafitte 1959 in a Kleen Kanteen water bottle, so it looks inncocent.   :D
Title: Re: Dusk Canyon
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 07, 2016, 05:00:47 pm
Not unless you want to get in trouble with the law. Many parks have regulations against open consumption of alcohol ;)

Indeed. I stayed at Bryce Lodge a few years ago. The weather was vile, but there was a good fire in the lobby, with armchairs around. I ate in the restaurant and drank some of a very acceptable Shiraz. I then went to sit by the fire and play with my laptop, taking a glass of wine with me. Fairly soon, I was told that while drinking it in the restaurant, not ten yards away, was acceptable, it was "illegal" to finish the wine in the foyer from a glass. I was offered a mug into which to decant it and continue drinking.

As the slogan on a mug once read, "Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we could be in Utah".

Jeremy
Title: Re: Dusk Canyon
Post by: Colorado David on February 07, 2016, 09:53:37 pm
I've been told that Utah has a bunch of secret agents that haunt the liquor stores located close to the state line.  They will follow cars leaving the store, driving into Utah and ticket them for having illegally purchased liquor.

Beautiful image though.
Title: Re: Dusk Canyon
Post by: francois on February 08, 2016, 07:43:01 am
Beautiful scene, with great depth and very nice, soft colors… just what I need!
Title: Re: Dusk Canyon
Post by: thierrylegros396 on February 08, 2016, 11:29:20 am
But I always carry my Lafitte 1959 in a Kleen Kanteen water bottle, so it looks inncocent.   :D

And me a "Chateau La Pompe 2016" in my unmarked bottle  :) :)

Thierry
Title: Re: Dusk Canyon
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 10, 2016, 04:13:01 am
Nice light.