Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: bill wood on February 06, 2016, 08:58:16 am
-
Does anyone know if there is anything in the works to add GPS capabilities to the A7 series? I realize that because of battery issues it would have to be a hot-shoe model.
Also I'm interested in doing time lapse Milky Way shots this Spring. Anyone have info on small, good external battery packs?
Bill
-
Regarding battery pack, I use an external 13000 mAh pack from monoprice that I got for ~$20. Not sure if it meets your criteria for "good" but I've had no problems on camping trips with it.
It is NOT weather sealed though. If you need that, there are more expensive brands available.
-
Is an external battery pack needed for the star trails using the Sony app? How many 30 second exposures is a fully charged standard batter good for?
Paul
www.PaulRoark.com
-
Is an external battery pack needed for the star trails using the Sony app? How many 30 second exposures is a fully charged standard batter good for?
Paul
www.PaulRoark.com
I do have the star trails app, but do not have or want a battery grip, so a new battery couldn't handle 150 30-second shots.
Regarding battery pack, I use an external 13000 mAh pack from monoprice that I got for ~$20. Not sure if it meets your criteria for "good" but I've had no problems on camping trips with it.
It is NOT weather sealed though. If you need that, there are more expensive brands available.
The Sony is not weather sealed either, so no big deal. I will look into that pack. thanks
Bill