Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: philaitman on February 05, 2016, 04:36:27 am

Title: Probably a really dumb paper and profile question.
Post by: philaitman on February 05, 2016, 04:36:27 am
With a recent order, a supplier sent me a free pro sample pack of Awagami paper. I must say they're quite unusual and different. I have some minimal images which 'might' suit these papers. Unfortunately, Awagami hasn't profiles for the P600 on their site. They only have the older Epson models R2880,R3000,R3880,R9890 & R9900

Of course, the paper was essentially free and all I'll be paying for is ink, however, I only have 1 sheet of each and it would be nice get something usable from some of this pretty paper. Does anyone have any advice for profile substitution, would the 3880 profile be close enough for a monochrome print. Or would I be better off with ABW and selecting a close enough Epson paper type.

Told you it was a dumb question :)
Title: Re: Probably a really dumb paper and profile question.
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on February 05, 2016, 07:29:53 am
If you are going to print out a monochrome image, use the ABW driver as you don't have to worry about the color inkset and the lack of a profile.  You have to make a choice about the paper type (these are matte papers, correct?) and the tone setting.  almost all papers I've tested over the years do well with the 'dark' setting.