Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: rolfgj on February 04, 2016, 06:35:24 pm

Title: Moving a Canon iPF5100 to new computer
Post by: rolfgj on February 04, 2016, 06:35:24 pm
Hi,
I have a Canon iPF5100 running on a Windows 8.1 computer. My new computer is a Windows 10 machine. How can I get all the configuration, custom media, paper sizes etc over to the new computer?
Title: Re: Moving a Canon iPF5100 to new computer
Post by: I.T. Supplies on February 05, 2016, 10:38:41 am
You would install the drivers and go through MCT (Media Configuration Tool) to install/update the profiles.
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/professional-photo/ipf5100/imageprograf-ipf5100#drivers_downloads_tab

You can't really transfer over these settings (from one computer to another) unless the operating system was updated to the newest version directly.  The MCT should take care of this directly as well as the installation drivers.