Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on February 04, 2016, 10:13:26 am
-
Just returned home from Colombia. What a fantastic country for a bird photographer!!!
To start with I thought I'd share a few of the high elevation Mountain Tanagers.
Hope you enjoy them!
Glenn
(http://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Buff-breasted%20Mountain%20Tanager%20-%2015.jpg)
Buff-breasted Mountain Tanager
(http://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Hooded%20Mountain%20Tanager%20-%2004.jpg)
Hooded Mountain Tanager
(http://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Lacrimose%20Mountain%20Tanager%20-%2001.jpg)
Lacrimose Mountain Tanager
(http://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Scarlet-bellied%20Mountain%20Tanager%20-%2002.jpg)
Scarlet-bellied Mountain Tanager
(http://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/White-capped%20Tanager%20-%2007.jpg)
White-capped Tanager
-
When they're shot with your level of skill, who wouldn't? I particularly like the second one.
Jeremy
-
As always, amazing. Thanks for sharing. I particularly enjoyed #4, looks like the bird is singing? Also, the background is less cluttered than in the other ones.
-
That second one is especially nice! Love the expressive look of the bird.
-
Outstanding work.
-
Wonderful series. Love them all!
-
Excellent! Your artistry in capturing the essence of these birds always impresses.
-
Another splendid group.
-
Superb compositions; stunning subjects!
Some of the images look a little faded, color-wise.
1, 2, and 4 belong in a book (and I think 4 is majestic, that one should be the cover shot of a book).
#5 is probably as tough a shot as can be had, given the extreme-black and extreme-white of that particular species ... it is VERY hard (if not impossible) to get a perfect exposure on a single-shot of an animal with that kind of extreme color/tonal range. (Either the whites get blown or the blacks show no detail.)
Inspiring work.