Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: JerryL on May 04, 2006, 02:15:20 am
-
Hi all.
Finally installed the Colorburst RIP that came bundled with my 4800, and realized an important question...
Does the RIP allow me to use 3rd party profiles? I like the Ilford Smooth Pearl, and have a corresponding profile I'm very happy with when printing via PS to the Epson driver directly.
But in looking at the RIP, it's hard to tell how to or if I can use that profile. Under the Options menu, there is a menu item called ICC profile options With this dialog, there's a place for an input profile for an RGB image where I can specify the profile of choice, but I can't tell if that'll do the job.
Thanks for your help...
-
Nope, the Epson branded version of ColorBurst only supports Epson paper only. The full priced version of ColorBurst allows using custom paper profiles.
-
Nope, the Epson branded version of ColorBurst only supports Epson paper only. The full priced version of ColorBurst allows using custom paper profiles.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64449\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks, Jeff - appreciate the quick response. Hoping that QImage will suit my needs (referenced in the other thread I posted in this section).