Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on February 03, 2016, 11:31:47 pm
-
While on Skye in 2013, I was driving back from an unsuccessful evening at Neist Point: the fog coming from the sea that day was so thick that it was nearly impossible to walk on the cliff's edge, let alone doing any photography. On my way back, discouraged, I reached a bay where the fog wasn't too thick yet; I decided to do some exploration on foot, and what I saw really inspired me: a single lonely tree, bent by the western winds, surrounded by the lifting fog against the setting sun. A perfect lesson: never getting discouraged, never stop searching; a great image might be just behind that very corner that we decided not to turn.
(https://vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/SD1M_0915_FM.jpg)
With the Sigma SD1 Merrill & 35mm. Thanks for viewing, best
Vieri
-
So very nice!
Mark
-
That's a great catch. A good reward for not giving up.
-
No evening from which that shot emerged could be described as wasted.
Jeremy
-
Fantastic.
-
Beautiful image! A lesson in the virtues of perseverance.
Andrew.
-
Nice layers.
-
Nature can surprise you in so many ways. Great image!
Miles
-
Beautiful shot. My eyes are directly pulled towards the tree and the fog gives a very nice atmosphere to the scene. Thanks for sharing!
-
Spectacular - well worth the effort!
-
Patience rewarded! Well done.
-
Stunning shot. Ken
-
Great shot of a beautiful scene. Love the tree!
Good job persevering too. Some of my own favorite shots were "plan B" shots.
-
Thank you very much everyone for taking the time to read, view and comment - I appreciate it very much. I am glad you find the story behind the picture interesting: I find that it is worth to never let external circumstances ruin our spirit and mood, to try and keep positive and to keep looking even when it seems that all hopes for a good shot are lost. I am not claiming to be able to do it all the time, but I find that keeping making an effort makes it easier and easier to do it as the years pass by. And, sometimes, one gets rewarded by a good shot found somewhere unexpected, like in this case :D
Thanks again! Best,
Vieri
-
Outstanding capture and processing!
-
Fabulous!
Tony Jay
-
Outstanding capture and processing!
Fabulous!
Tony Jay
Thank you Jens and Tony, your comments are very much appreciated! :)
Best,
Vieri
-
Wow. Instantly uplifted by seeing this image.
Great photo and equally-important lesson behind its capture.
-
Wow. Instantly uplifted by seeing this image.
Great photo and equally-important lesson behind its capture.
Thank you very much John, I am glad you enjoyed the photo and the story behind it! :D Best,
Vieri
-
That's quite something. It goes to prove no photography trip is ever wasted
-
Great!
-
That's quite something. It goes to prove no photography trip is ever wasted
Thank you Phil! Yes, I feel that persevering often is rewarding :D
Great!
Thank you very much Maddog! :D
Best,
Vieri