Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jimmycinnamon on February 02, 2016, 04:39:50 pm

Title: Where can I find 12 x 16 photo paper (glossy)?
Post by: jimmycinnamon on February 02, 2016, 04:39:50 pm
Hi,

     I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find 12x16 glossy or luster photo paper for my inkjet printer. I can't find any online retailers. Any suggestions or links would be very helpful! Thanks!
Title: Re: Where can I find 12 x 16 photo paper (glossy)?
Post by: RoyH on February 02, 2016, 04:45:43 pm
I believe 12x16 would be an odd size, at least I don't believe any of the paper's I've used come in that size. i.e. Moab, Epson, Red River... However, they all have 13x19 which would be very close to what you are requesting. I personally prefer to print my images on larger papers leaving a border around the image. Can always trim the border if needed, but the border allows for easier handling and framing.

Roy
Title: Re: Where can I find 12 x 16 photo paper (glossy)?
Post by: mstevensphoto on February 12, 2016, 12:25:54 pm
Kodak makes their Pro luster and Pro gloss (both of which are lovely) in 16" wide rolls.
Title: Re: Where can I find 12 x 16 photo paper (glossy)?
Post by: John Caldwell on February 12, 2016, 01:10:56 pm
Red River was at one time willing to generate custom sizes
Title: Re: Where can I find 12 x 16 photo paper (glossy)?
Post by: aaronchan on February 12, 2016, 01:29:44 pm
The easiest way is to go out and buy as many 13x19 glossy photo paper as you need.
Find a local offset printer, they MUST have a paper cutter machine.
And cut whatever size you want them to be.

aaron
Title: Re: Where can I find 12 x 16 photo paper (glossy)?
Post by: GrahamBy on February 14, 2016, 05:31:52 am
If the printer will take 12" paper, it will take 13". So why not just run the 13x19 (aka A3+) with a border ?