Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Jens Peermann on February 01, 2016, 07:37:56 am

Title: Extention Tubes and Adapter
Post by: Jens Peermann on February 01, 2016, 07:37:56 am
I'm thinking about getting a set of extension tubes and wonder where to place them when using Canon mount lenses via an adapter on a Sony E-mount camera. Will they go between the adapter and the camera or between the adapter and the lens, or is it ok either way? It matters because depending on where they go I will have order either EF-mount tubes or E-mount tubes.

Thanks
Title: Re: Extention Tubes and Adapter
Post by: Bob_B on February 01, 2016, 10:05:07 am
I don't use a Sony E-mount, but it seems to me that an extension tube would (by necessity) go between the lens and the adapter.
Title: Re: Extention Tubes and Adapter
Post by: Robert Ardill on February 05, 2016, 07:36:28 am
It doesn't matter ... it just depends on whether you have an e-mount extension tube or a EF extension tube.  As long as the extension tubes pass through all the signals you'll be all set.