Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on January 29, 2016, 05:04:31 am

Title: Downward Spiral
Post by: stamper on January 29, 2016, 05:04:31 am
?
Title: Re: Downward Spiral
Post by: francois on January 29, 2016, 06:30:06 am
I love the green moss/lichens and the reflected light just above the water. The flow of the water is just right, exposure-wise. I was a little worried by the very bright top left corner but I tried to darken the rocks and the image is neither better nor worse. In the end, it's a great photo,
Bravo.
Title: Re: Downward Spiral
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on January 29, 2016, 07:30:49 am
I agree with francois, both on the shot itsefelf and the bright ligth in the upper right corner.

For my tastes I would suggest a 3:2 crop so that the bright "finger" in the upper left go to the exact corner, plus a little vignetting and brigthtening of the certral part.
Title: Re: Downward Spiral
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 29, 2016, 10:11:01 am
I love ...the reflected light just above the water.

Yes, good seeing. Moving water is unfashionable in some circles, but I like the 'frozen' splashes at the bottom.
Title: Re: Downward Spiral
Post by: stamper on February 02, 2016, 04:09:19 am
Thanks for the feedback. Some things to think about?