Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Herbc on January 28, 2016, 10:34:31 am

Title: Lens for shooting Big trees
Post by: Herbc on January 28, 2016, 10:34:31 am
I posted this on the equipment site also.
I plan to visit a virgin forest that has trees approaching Redwood size.  My current lens kit has a 16-35
zoom and a t/s24mm Canon.  Does anyone have any experience with wider lenses for shooting in such a forest?  The branches on these trees can exceed 3 ft in diameter and the trunks are indeed huge.
Not a fisheye fan, but  perhaps a 10 or 12mm? 8)








Title: Re: Lens for shooting Big trees
Post by: thierrylegros396 on January 28, 2016, 12:05:20 pm
Please don't post on several forums.

This one is not appropriate for your question.


"Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear" is the good one.


Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
Title: Re: Lens for shooting Big trees
Post by: justlikebeingthere on January 28, 2016, 07:27:28 pm
The last time I was at the Avenue of the Giants and Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park I was using a Canon EF 14mm f2.8L II and a Canon EF 35mm f1.4L for wide angle. I ended up using the 35mm more than the 14mm.