Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: PeterAit on January 26, 2016, 11:03:33 am

Title: Preaching to the choir
Post by: PeterAit on January 26, 2016, 11:03:33 am
I am all for the new subscription model for LuLa and gladly have subscribed. Given that, do I really need to see the notices asking people to subscribe? Maybe existing subscribers could be spared this.
Title: Re: Preaching to the choir
Post by: Zorki5 on January 26, 2016, 05:36:13 pm
Where do you see that? I don't...

Did you tick that "remember me" (or however it was called) checkbox?
Title: Re: Preaching to the choir
Post by: E.J. Peiker on January 28, 2016, 09:00:45 am
That generally means tht you are no longer logged in.  Even though I have the keep me logged in box checked, every few days it seems I need to re-log-in.  So whenever I see the advertisement, I immediately know that I've been logged off and sure enough if I look in the upper right, the Login link is there which it isn't when I am logged out.  It does seem that there is something on LuLa that logs you off after a few days.  It kind of seems random though and it happens across all 5 computers that I regularly use.
Title: Re: Preaching to the choir
Post by: stamper on January 29, 2016, 03:43:11 am
I find that this problem arises after I clean out Firefox. Could it be something to do with removing cookies or something else stored in the browser?
Title: Re: Preaching to the choir
Post by: Kevin Raber on January 29, 2016, 06:44:47 am
I have a meeting with my web guys today.  I'll bring the subject up.
Title: Re: Preaching to the choir
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 29, 2016, 10:13:25 am
I strongly suspect that Stamper's suggestion is relevant.
Once recently I made use of a piece of software that was supposed to "optimize" my PC, and I didn't check carefully enough to see what it was intending to do, and as a result every website in which I have "permanent" logins, including LuLa, suddenly forgot I was logged in, so I have had to re-login to several and indicate all over again that the site should "remember me."

-Eric