Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: polaris-14 on January 26, 2016, 02:53:34 am

Title: Sunrise at La Jolla
Post by: polaris-14 on January 26, 2016, 02:53:34 am
I was in San Diego two weekends ago shooting the pelicans in their winter breeding plumage and here is a shot of the beautiful sunrise that morning.
Title: Re: Sunrise at La Jolla
Post by: thierrylegros396 on January 26, 2016, 05:20:25 am
I like the atmosphere very much.

Thierry
Title: Re: Sunrise at La Jolla
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 26, 2016, 08:29:21 pm
Nice colour, mood, and silhouettes.
Title: Re: Sunrise at La Jolla
Post by: Bob_B on January 27, 2016, 09:29:20 am
Yes, very moody. Kearny Mesa? Mission Valley area? (Just curious, as I lived there for a spell.)
Title: Re: Sunrise at La Jolla
Post by: stamper on January 27, 2016, 09:34:07 am
I agree with all of the sentiments.
Title: Re: Sunrise at La Jolla
Post by: polaris-14 on January 27, 2016, 02:51:28 pm
Thanks a bunch, all! The clouds moved really fast. Five minutes after I made this shot, the mood has completely changed as the cloud lifted up.

Bob, this was shot viewing North from the bluff just next to the Cave store so, I will say probably this is looking at the Torrey Pines area.
Title: Re: Sunrise at La Jolla
Post by: Bob_B on January 27, 2016, 07:12:00 pm
Thanks a bunch, all! The clouds moved really fast. Five minutes after I made this shot, the mood has completely changed as the cloud lifted up.

Bob, this was shot viewing North from the bluff just next to the Cave store so, I will say probably this is looking at the Torrey Pines area.

Thanks for the info. fwiw, many years ago I worked at 505 S. Coast Blvd not all that far from your vantage point.
Title: Re: Sunrise at La Jolla
Post by: Jens Peermann on January 27, 2016, 08:17:28 pm
Very nice. Mysterious meteorological conditions. I like it.
Title: Re: Sunrise at La Jolla
Post by: polaris-14 on January 28, 2016, 11:59:49 am
Thanks for the info. fwiw, many years ago I worked at 505 S. Coast Blvd not all that far from your vantage point.

Oh that's not too far, Bob. This is a really cool location to shoot the California Brown Pelicans in their breeding plumage. I want to come back!

Very nice. Mysterious meteorological conditions. I like it.

Thanks Jens. Weather is an elusive thing to catch. I am just glad I woke up early that day to shoot.