Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Krug on January 25, 2016, 10:20:06 pm

Title: Cyclamen
Post by: Krug on January 25, 2016, 10:20:06 pm
 3 shots - Natural light - hand held - 50 year old Zeiss lens - geriatric photographer - only cheat is A7rII - comments ?
Title: Re: Cyclamen
Post by: mbaginy on January 26, 2016, 12:13:02 am
Beautiful!  The last image is my favorite.
Title: Re: Cyclamen
Post by: brandtb on January 26, 2016, 07:27:22 am
I think the tighter version in 2 is nice especially the hanging petal slightly wrapped around stem...and the colors. Not so sure about this crop with all the neg. space on left...or the remaining blackened areas...maybe a horizontal would work as well.
Title: Re: Cyclamen
Post by: Krug on January 26, 2016, 02:36:33 pm
Thank you for your comments Gentlemen.

This a7rii surely does make some of the best old glass really shine - these were taken with the Contax rf 1.5 50 lens, wide open, with the excellent Amedeo adapter plus the Novo M to E adapter. I don't like stacking adapters but this combo works fine .... no doubt due to the high precision machining of each of them.

I often think that I should give up manual focussing but this is one of the lenses/adapter combinations that reassures me and encourages me not to abandon such lovely old lenses yet.