Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Joe Towner on January 25, 2016, 06:30:56 pm

Title: TetherBoost USB3 - I want one in FW800!!
Post by: Joe Towner on January 25, 2016, 06:30:56 pm
USB3 power inserting hub for tethered work, plus battery powered option.  I want a FW800 model - would make life much easier!

https://www.tethertools.com/product/tetherboost-power-kit/
Title: Re: TetherBoost USB3 - I want one in FW800!!
Post by: gss on January 25, 2016, 07:01:12 pm
There exist FireWire repeaters, some with battery options.  Are you saying that you want one from Tether Tools because you like their form factor?  I think Capture Integration has tested the FireWire repeaters and could maybe suggest one that fits your needs.
Title: Re: TetherBoost USB3 - I want one in FW800!!
Post by: Joe Towner on January 25, 2016, 10:21:01 pm
CI has a couple of tested FW800 hubs, my interest is the integrated solution, with the ability to add a battery pack.  It's more because Hasselblad really dropped the ball with the ImageBank and all the H3/H4 users.  Given how much battery tech has evolved and the removal of FW from Apple laptops, it would be nice for anyone shooting a non-current back, generally designed around FW400/FW800 to have a battery powered tethering solution.