Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dseelig on January 25, 2016, 12:20:51 am

Title: HP Z 3200 banding
Post by: dseelig on January 25, 2016, 12:20:51 am
HP Z 3200 banding in the grays I clean the heads did the paper advance calibration. I made a small print on canon paper and it was fine go back to my 24 inch wide carson bryata and the while lines are back help what else can I do I have been printing nothing but this paper for months thanks David
PS I am getting white lines like no ink is coming through in grays and a little in skin tons it is moving in different places in the print up and down a suitcase. that is all gray and into a leg ion front of the suitcase. PS The canon paper that worled fine is thinner then the carson that is giving me banding
Title: Re: HP Z 3200 banding
Post by: namartinnz on January 25, 2016, 02:34:57 am
More than likely you'll need to replace you print head with the gray colour. Check to see if it's out of warranty - it could be getting on in age.
Title: Re: HP Z 3200 banding
Post by: dseelig on January 25, 2016, 10:06:53 am
but why would it be fine with a smaller thinner paper?
Title: Re: HP Z 3200 banding
Post by: Mark Lindquist on January 25, 2016, 02:17:43 pm
David,

Based on the image you sent me, you have "Zebra stripes".

My recommendation is to go to HP's website and download the most recent drivers and install them:

HP Drivers for Z3200 (http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=6827630&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4063)

Then do a printhead diagnostic image print on glossy or satin paper.

Check the image very carefully.  Fix/clean any printhead(s) with anomalies

Then go into color center, paper presets, and find the profile for your paper.  Change properties to paper thickness - thick.

Load your paper.

Re-calibrate your paper.

Do an advance paper calibration.

Print.

See if that won't get it.

Mark

Title: Re: HP Z 3200 banding
Post by: dseelig on January 26, 2016, 12:06:34 am
Cannont find color center I take ti this is sub menu? thanks David
Title: Re: HP Z 3200 banding
Post by: Mark Lindquist on January 26, 2016, 04:25:32 am
On the same link to the page that the drivers are on (see previous poost), there is a category called "software".  Download the HP Utility and install it.

The utility has many categories for controling or monitoring your printer.

Under all settings, find"paper preset management" and you'll see all the papers listed in your printer.  There is a refresh arrow.  click that and your presets will be updated.

Read this information.  Study it carefully:

Zseries printer color management (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01563257)

Look at this simple video and explanations:

Z3200 color center (http://blog.lexjet.com/2013/04/12/creating-media-presets-for-an-hp-z-series-printer/)

You need to become pro-active about tracking this stuff down.  Do a search on google and find documents and information.  Create your own custom icc profiles.

For example: Google "how to create custom paper profiles with hp z3200."

This is a bit of a steep learning curve.  You need to climb higher.  The utility is your friend.  Start learning everything you can about it.

Mark


Title: Re: HP Z 3200 banding
Post by: dseelig on January 27, 2016, 11:14:09 pm
Hi Mark I appreciate your help there is not color center with the mac ir is a different set up I have set up papers with the utility before I just cannot find the setting to heavy paper anywhere. Will call lexjet
Title: Re: HP Z 3200 banding
Post by: dseelig on January 28, 2016, 12:02:29 am
Because it was the zebra striped always in the back I got a new black head. It seems to have fixed the problem I got one in day on eBay for 20 bucks
Title: Re: HP Z 3200 banding
Post by: Mark Lindquist on January 28, 2016, 03:31:31 pm
Great!  Good to hear you're back printing again Dave. 

Here is a way for you to check out all the info about your printer:

Z3200 Printer Information Via Your Browser (http://robogravure.com/HPZ3200_Repair_Notes_Mark_Lindquist_Photography.htm#How_to_find_your_printers_information:)

Mark
Title: Re: HP Z 3200 banding
Post by: Mark Lindquist on January 28, 2016, 03:45:52 pm
Hi Mark I appreciate your help there is not color center with the mac ir is a different set up I have set up papers with the utility before I just cannot find the setting to heavy paper anywhere. Will call lexjet

Dave - in the HP Utility (Which is the color center for Mac) Go to Paper Preset Management Tab.

See the illustration that shows how you can change your printing properties for any given profile.

In there you can set the paper to "thick"

It works!

-Mark