Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on January 24, 2016, 06:11:42 am
-
A Jetstream 31 comes in to land at Gjögur in Reykjarfjörður, Iceland. A slideshow of the entire landing sequence is here. (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/01/24/descent-into-the-fjord/)
-
Cool idea, Rajan, and beautiful execution. Visiting your blog was well worth it, and watching the slide show mesmerizing. Love the choice of music too.
Being photographers, though, can't help asking for shooting parameters, specifically speed, aperture and ISO? There seems to be abundant depth of field, while the flying/landing plane is also tack-sharp.
-
The windsock speaks volumes. I envy you your flight.
-
Magnificent (and scary) slide show, Rajan. The Rachmaninov fits the event perfectly.
The pilot certainly deserved a big tip!
Eric
-
Thank you, Slobodan, Scott and Eric.
Slobodan - The aperture was f/8 and f/11 with shutter speeds ranging from 1/650 to 1/400 at ISO 200. The first few frames were at 400mm focal length. From experience I knew I didn't want a faster shutter speed than that since it would have frozen the propellers.